Here in Alberta, we have become accustomed to our wide open spaces. This may be why many of our buyers are initially a little shocked at the functionality of a 379 Sq ft Bachelor Unit. Although it may take some getting used to, we’ve collected a list of why it’s worth making the change:
- It’s easier to clean.
- You’re less likely to overshop when space is a priority – so you save money.
- Small versions of furniture cost less. A lot less.
- It’s easier to focus on quality over quantity when everything’s on display.
- Your heating and cooling bills tend to be lower.
- A small art collection makes big impact.
- A single statement piece or splurge can make the whole room (which in some instances is the whole apartment).
- It’s harder to lose the remote, or anything else for that matter.
- You’re more likely to purge clutter when you can’t hide it away.
- You can afford to have niceties like candles and flowers in every room
- Less environmental impact. A smaller home requires less resources to build and less resources to maintain. And that benefits all of us.
- Wider market to sell. By its very definition, a smaller, more affordable house is affordable to a larger percentage of the population than a more expensive, less affordable one.
Of course not everything can perfect in your new functional space. Here are some of the challenges you may want to be prepared for:
- Organization Is a Must. You need to utilize every organizing idea for small spaces, otherwise your tiny home will look like a cluttered closet. You won’t want to spend time there.
2.You Can’t Have It All. It can be difficult to decide what possessions to take with you into this tiny space, especially if you have abundant or large family heirlooms.
- Entertaining Is a Challenge. Entertaining in a tiny home has limits. In warm months you can go outside, but winter can force you to limit your guest list.
If the micro condo isn’t for you, or you’re unable to give up your ever growing China collection, don’t worry. We still have the traditional one and two bedroom units available for you at The Nest.